Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Cleveland cathedral


Heinen's Cleveland, left, future Kimpton Hotel center.

Okay. I admit it already. I fibbed last week when I posted all those photos. I wasn't downtown on a whim, I was covering the opening of the new Heinen's grocery store for Fresh Water.

Here's my article.

Heinen's grand opening

I write a lot about CLE in these hallowed pages, but there is something about the Heinen's project that marks a turning point. The grand opening was simply thrilling.

Got bubbly?

I love that the Heinen family has elevated their family business to unprecedented heights: yes, a local grocer is worthy of selling hamburger, canned corn and paper towels in the grandest of spaces. Yes, every shopper, deserves to browse aisles in a building fit for royalty.

Heinen's Cleveland

Between this, the new Kimpton Hotel going into the historic Schofield Building across the street and the Metropolitan at the 9 in the center of it all, the corner of Euclid and East 9th Street in Cleveland is soon to be one of the premier addresses in the country.
  
Heinen's Cleveland

This is Cleveland, people. There is no stopping this town now.

Heinen's Cleveland

*  *  *

8 comments:

Michael Lawless said...

It's always a joy when old stuff, like me, is saved and transported to the present in a wonderful way.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for Historic Preservation but I find a bunch of people beaming and hovering over groceries from a balcony a bit peculiar (and I have a high tolerance for peculiar). Do they take foodstamps?

RJ

Anonymous said...

Nevermind. They accept Ohio Direction and Illinois link card. Won't cash your gov't check though.

RJ

Anonymous said...

Hey RJ--You may already know this, but to other interested folks, Heinen's is a regional grocery chain with an up-scale image and reputation.

MR

DogsDontPurr said...

I would soooo love to shop there.

Anonymous said...

@MR-

Never heard of them until now.


RJ

Anonymous said...

No problem, RJ-They never heard of you, too.


MR

Erin O'Brien said...

Hi gang. Sorry to be so quiet, but ol' Erin's been so so so busy.